We’ve added another member to our EYES + EDGE team! Get to know Lauren, our newest writer! We’re sure you’ll love her as much as we do.
1) Nicknames? Lalo, Lo
2) You can usually find me _________ on Sunday mornings. with a big cup of coffee and a good book
3) Favorite ice cream flavor? Salted caramel.
4) Signature potluck dish? Mediterranean quinoa salad (with kalamata olives, tomatoes, artichokes, feta, etc.)
5) Favorite celebrity crush and why: It’s a tie between Jack Black and Zach Galifianakis. I love a chubby bearded man with a good sense of humor!
6) Zodiac sign: Pisces.
7) Favorite condiment on sandwiches: Dijon mustard.
8) Most frequented spot in Portland: ¿Por Que No? — I’m addicted to their chips! And tacos. And margaritas.
9) How did you end up in Portland? I’ve lived in Connecticut my whole life, but always had Portland in the back of my mind (I have family in Newberg so we’d visit once a year when I was growing up). When I found out I got into Portland State University for grad school, my boyfriend and I packed up and made the move across the country. We’ve been here for two years and love it!
10) Quirky fact: I’m a germaphobe. But I just started a part-time nannying job for two little ones, so I’d better get over my fear of germs!
You can see more of Lauren’s writing on her blog: LNK IN PDX. Be warned, her food photographs cause instantaneous drool.