THE TIME IS FINALLY HERE! MR. MAN is this Friday + Saturday (16th+17th) and we couldn’t be more excited over here at E+E. Not only do we have the most amazing vendors EVER, we also have Rudy’s Barbershop doing hair cuts for donations towards Movember, Rob Lewis’s art show, motorcycles from See See, The Good Mod doing laser workshops, a photo booth, pizza from Hotlips and plenty of booze to go around (to those of you 21 and over, of course).
Just like last week, we asked our vendors three very important questions and here is what they had to say:
1. What’s your definition of a MR. MAN?
2. Name a real man’s drink.
3. Manliest movie. Ready. Go.
Reclaimed materials and vintage curiosities for all of your home restoration needs.
1. James Coburn.
2. Old fashioned, or rusty nail.
3. Blade Runner.
BLIND BUDDHA GUITARS
Beautiful and unique handcrafted guitars made from antique boxes and vintage found objects.
1. Gregory Peck in To Kill A Mockingbird.
2. A shot of Bourbon.
EAST SIDE DISTILLING
Inventive and tasty (ahem, Ginger Rum) distilled spirits found on Distillery Row.
1. A man is strong; men are strong both physically and mentally. A man’s mental strength is not defined in the times of triumph but in times of failure. It is only when pushed to a near breaking point does a true man become defined.
3. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
Mochas and motorcycles: a coffee shop and a bad-ass bike shop all in one.
1. The thing that comes off the top of my head is a baby with a beard. I’m not sure where it was started, but there is a quote that goes, “Congratulations, it’s a man” like as if a woman births a full-blown man-child.
2. A Flirtini. It’s blue, alcoholic and says, “I’m a man”.
3. Sometimes A Great Notion — motorcycles, logging, the NW, Paul Newman and Whistle punks.
Quality clothing and accessories from around the world, with a focus on small-scale production.
1. Wild Bill Hickok, Davy Crockett. Also, my dad.
2. Bourbon neat.
3. I just re-watched the Die Hard movies, so I’m going to say one of those, the first one.
Artisan metal accessories made entirely by hammer and hand.
1. My grandpa. He built a seven-sided log cabin in the high Sierras using only what was around. Rocks and gravel from a nearby creek made for the foundation and he used hand-milled pine trees from the property for
the walls and beams. Naturally, he had his children haul the rocks and gravel up the hill to the cabin site and also had them peel the bark off the logs with butter knives.
2. The Tremblement de Terre (The earthquake), a mix of absinthe and cognac. Toulouse-Lautrec drank them.
3. Back to the Future. We saw it at the Baghdad Theater last week. It is so manly that Marty Mcfly has to help his own dad become a man; his existence depends on it.
A hip spot to stock up on clothing, footwear and accessories from brands with meaningful stories.
1. To me, a MR. MAN is a guy who feels totally confident in his style and it is obvious in the way he carries himself and communicates to others.
2. A 40 year old scotch.
3. Cool Hand Luke.
High-quality lifestyle and clothing brand that draws from working-class, nautical inspiration.
1. When thinking of MR. MAN, one envisions plaid flannels and axes or dock workers in blue denim. The working man’s man. But whether it’s in front of an easel with a glass of whiskey, or after work for a pint, MR. MAN works hard, and plays harder.
2. Ninkasi IPA, chilled pint glass.
3. The Big Lebowski. Or any movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger from the 90’s.
THIS REFLECTS OUR EXCITEMENT FOR MR. MAN
AND THIS IS HOW WE SEE THE EVENT GOING DOWN
Written by: Lauren Kodiak